Monday, May 2, 2011

Budget Shopping

Hello everyone,

I spend lots of time on the internet, and I noticed that most people interested in subcultures such as Goth, Emo, and Punk have a hard time finding affordable, but still cool looking clothes. So that's why I decided to make a post about budget shopping.
I'm going to make 3 complete outfits (exept shoes) with each a maximum prize of 50 euros (which is about 65 dollars or 35 pounds). Hope you like 'em!

For the Goths on budget

Okay, I think this worked out really well. You see, the black top is long and stretchy so it usually gets worn as a short dress. It looks great with the black lace top, and of course lace is a true Goth must-have. The striped panty is something you often see on Goths.
Also, really, every Goth needs a few necklages with pendants like bats, skulls, ankhs, crosses or a raven. I know how cheesy this might be, but they're just awesome.
click on the pic to enlarge


For the Emo's on budget

When I hear 'Emo' I think of black combined with bright colours. And that made me think of the Cupcake Cult, a collection of shirts from Poizen Industries, which has loads of awesome shirts. I own three shirts myself, and I love them.
The yellow hoodie comes in diffrent colours, but the yellow matched the shirt so that's why I picked yellow.
Jeans are very simple, but comfortable and Emo's can often be seen with skinny jeans.
You can easily make this look a bit cooler with bright coloured gloves, accessoires and nail polish, but if I had to add those things I would gone out of budget. And I guess everyone has bright or black nailpolish.


click on the pic to enlarge


For the Punks on budget

Gosh, making a Punk outfit under 50 euros was pretty hard, actually. But, I managed to make one.
I saw the dress and thought 'Hey, leopard is pretty punk.' and, honestly, I am right. Punks often wear leopard. I do as well. Leopard is cool.
Also, of course this outfit needed studs and spikes -we're talking about Punk here, after all- so obivously I used a spiked and a studded bracelet.


click on the pic to enlarge

 I hoped I helped you guys with some ideas. I also hoped you liked the looks, and good luck on your next shopping trip!

See you next time,

♣ Gasoline Diamond ♣

3 comments:

  1. I've got the black lace top in old pink, I didn't know there was a black one too. I think I'm gonna buy the black one as well =D
    And I just NEED a cupcake cult shirt in my life, I think I'm gonna ask my mom once again x]
    Btw, do you know in which colors the leopard dress comes except green? Green looks awful on me. Anyways, awesome outfits♥ lovelovelove♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik vind de goth outfit echt geweldig! die zou ik zo aan doen zonder de ketting want daar ben ik niet zo'n fan van x)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lola: There's also a red colour, I believe.

    @ Maud: Het merk heeft nog veel meer hele coole kettingen hoor x]

    ReplyDelete