Friday, April 22, 2011

Uprising Covered on American Idol

Hey everyone!

I only just found out that some guy named James Durbin covered Uprising (from Muse, as you all must know by now) on American Idol, April 22th. Someone on the Muse Messageboard mentioned it, together with the video. So yeah, I've watched it. Hmmm. I'll tell my opinion after posting THE video:


Okay. I feel like punching something now. That James person manages to sing this awesome Muse-made British rock song as if it's just another crappy pop song. With that I mean, compare THAT ^^ to the original Uprising song, and you'll hear that THAT ^^ guy is singing just as artists like BeyoncĂ© and Rihanna, with their 'oh so beautiful' AaaaahaaAAAhaaaaahaaaAAAA at the end of every word, you get what I mean? This guy is going 'TheyyyyhyyyyhYYYhyyyyy wihihiiiiil nohohohoooot controhohohohohohohl uuuuus!' the intire song instead of just singing 'They will not control us'. He probably thinks he's more interesting to listen by doing this, but it really annoys me. 
At the other hand, this guy probably can't help it that he has to sing Uprising, since songs mostly are chosen for them and not by the artists themselves at talent shows. I guess he just tried to make it sound better for himself. 
Something very funny is that Matt(hew Bellamy of couse) e-mailed this guy personally and suggested James to do the last chorus an octave higher. Bad advice. If Matt would e-mail me, I would save his e-mail and send him a billion fanmails a day...
Note± I haven´t even watched the comments from the jury. The fact that everyone shouted, clapped and smiled at the end of the song was enough. Am I being melodramatic?

I think I made my statement. If you have anything else negative, or anything positive to say about this guy, comments are welcome!
For now, I´m going to listen to the REAL Uprising ;)
See you next time!

♣ Gasoline Diamond ♣

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, it made me shiver of horror. I couldn't even bring it up to listen it to the end. o_0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. This is awful.

    ReplyDelete