Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Behind The Songs: Hate This & I'll Love You

Hi everyone!

This time on Behind The Songs I'm going to tell you all about Hate This & I'll Love You. Hope you won't hate me but love me for this ok that wasn't funny.




About Hate This & I'll Love You


The last song on Showbiz and rarely played live by the band.


Probable meaning: This song is probably about growing tired of a relationship of which you've given your partner too many chances.

Alternative meaning: Could be about the same person as in Hyper Music and Uno. Someone who was associated with the band before they made it, who Matthew Bellamy had reason to dislike. (On a similar theme Sunburn seems to be about a girl who was associated with them, who in contrast Bellamy regrets having to leave behind, because he sees her as a star).
Despite the diferent lenghts, all the songs are actually the same studio version, only with less/more silence at the end (the actual international version is 5:09 long).
If you listen closely throughout the song, crickets can be heard chirpinng. 

My Opinion: 

I think this is one of the most beautiful Muse song, and possibly even one of the most beautiful songs I know. It's just, you know, the whole song just... It's like if the song was meant to be made this way. It's just so beautiful with the lyrics and the music...
Also, for some reason the lyrics really touch me. Not sure why, but just as in In Your World the song seems to go about me and my life.

Lyrics: 

Oh I am growing tired Of allowing you to steal Everything I have, you're making me feel Like I was born to service you But I am growing by the hour You left us far behind So we all discard our souls And blaze through your skies So afraid to die 'cause I was born to destroy you And I am growing by the hour And I'm getting strong in every way, yeah, yeah You led me on, you led me on, you ... Oh, and I'm getting strong in every way Yeah, yeah


1997 demo


Oh I am growing tired Of allowing you to steal Everything I had And it's making me feel Like I walk all over you I am growing by the hour You left me far behind And I'm always on your track And when I catch you out I will tear your soul apart I walk all over you And I am growing by the hour And I'm getting stronger every day Yeah, yeah You lead me on, you [?] And I'm getting stronger every day Yeah, yeah, yeah Oooooh



Music Video:


Thanks to MuseWiki.org for all the information and the lyrics. 
Have fun listening, and see you next time!

♣ Gasoline Diamond ♣






3 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful song. I've got chickenskin [what the hell is the proper english word for the thing I mean? :O] Anyways, I guess you know what I mean =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lola: Yeah, I know what you mean x] And I believe 'chickenskin' actually IS the good word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was able to find good advice from your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete