Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Superband Featuring Dom

Reports are starting to trickle in regarding the formation of a new superband, dubbed 'Expensive Love'. The band is rumoured to include Alex Carapetis (associated w/ Nine Inch Nails), Dominic Howard, Mark Stoermer (The Killers), Ray Suen (Flaming Lips) and Jason Hill (Louis XIV).

The news was originally announced on Jason Hill's Facebook page, with the message:


Hi All,


I’ll be playing my new material for the first time on July 15 in Silverlake, CA at Satellite (formally Spaceland). I’ve been working on an album for two years with some friends of mine and we are almost done. The band playing on July 15 is Alex Carapetis, Dominic Howard(from Muse), Mark Stoermer (from Killers), Ray Suen (Flaming Lips), Sam Gendel on Sax and myself. The show will probably sell quick so I wanted to tell all my friends first before it goes public. Hope you can make the fun. Stay tuned for bits of music to be released coming soon. The album is the best thing I’ve ever done. The band will be playing on July 15 under the name EXPENSIVE LOVE. Tickets can be purchased at http://www.thesatellitela.com/.

Hope to see you, 
 Jason Hill

(source: Muselive.com)

This is awesome. Unfortunately, I'm on holiday on the 15th of July, so I probably will read the reviews a few weeks after the show. Damnit.

- Gasoline Diamond -

No comments:

Post a Comment