Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Holiday in Czech Republic, week two

Hello everyone!

This post is about my second week in Czech.

Day 8 (July 16, 2011) My 14th birthday!

We ate breakfast at around 9:30 AM today, at the campside, in a big, old barn which had been transformed into a lovely kind of bar where you can eat and drink, and watch TV. I got to unwrap my presents there! And we called my grandpa, because we share the same birthday date. My presents included the Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge cd from My Chemical Romance, a pair of black gloves with a cute bow from Living Dead Souls, Manic Panic Creature Of The Night Supernatural Pressed Powder (what a name) in the colour Anemic (I STILL have to buy a powder brush for that) a necklage with an 'Eye Of Ra' pendant which is awesome, another necklage with a spider in it's web which is also awesome, a mug, and my uncle and aunt - who live in France - send me a Muse songbook from the Resistance that has guitar, piano and vocals in it. At last I got two books: one from Emily The Strange and 'Marked' from the House Of Night Novel.
(in case any of my family members read this: sorry if I forgot something!)

Then we went off to the caves (I always go to caves on my birthday, don't know why, I just like caves). We had do search again, this time near Blansko, close to Brno. The most well-known cave turns out to be booked up completely today.

Insead, we visited another cave  from which I forgotten the name of, I think it was called Punkva but I'm not sure. At least it's known for it's beautiful colours. And it was truly beautiful. Too bad our guide trough the cave spoke only Czech, we didn't understand anything of it. We got a paper with the English translation, but it was way too dark to read.

We decided to come back here once, and then we went to Luze, looking for a medieval-themed Pizza restaurant where I wanted to eat SO BAD. Well, we couldn't find it in Luze so after asking someone it turned out to be in a place called Hrochûv T^ynec. The owner of the restaurant speaks English pretty good, and he helped us with choosing a pizza and we talked with him for quite some time. The food was delicious, and then we decided to go to some rockparty that was only blocks away. It was really funny, it was in a small park with benches and tables, and in the middle there was this concrete dancefloor with a DJ - he had a bandana, and sunglasses. He looked like Dr. Death Defying - they played rock 'n roll music, and Czech metal which was pretty good, altrough none of us understood the lyrics.

We drove back late.

Day 9 (July 17th, 2011)

It's a nice day today, but we've done absolutely NOTHING. Just sitting, reading, eating, washing our socks, sitting in the sun (my mom, not me, actually) listening to music.... Great. Lots of new faces on the campside today, they all arrived yesterday.
The wind started to blow quite hard in the afternoon, so we got to bed early.

Day 10 (July 18, 2011)

The weather's not too good today. We drove to Nove Hady (or something like that) and went for a little walk. But it started raining so we went food-shopping.
We played some games back at the campside, and we wrote ánd posted all postcards.

Day 11 (July 19, 2011)

Today is a nice day with sunshine. We went back to Chrudim to go to the doll museum. We drank something at a pavement first (the guy that helped us was having a bad day or something? He was so pissed off). We doll museum was really cute! Then we got back to the campside again.

Day 12 (July 20, 2011)

We went back to the caves near Blansko today, and when we arrived at 11:00 AM there was still space for us. The caves are beautiful.
The tour is shorter that usual, because they found a dead body in the caves mayebe just one hour before we got there. We could actually see the dead body lying underneath a bodybag, it upset all of us. We decided to take the tour anyway. When we got back at about 12:00 AM we saw an opportunity to take the usual trip anyway, so we got to see another part of the caved we hadn't seen yet.
I brought a necklage with a bat pendant at the souvenir shop.

We also went shopping in Brno -so many stores- and my sister brought AllStars there.
Nice, big city with a big town centre. Then we drove back two hours and ate dinner in the village near the campside again.

Day 13 (July 21, 2011)

It rained ALL DAY. Really, all day. It didn't stop ONCE. So we stayed insite our tent all day, playing games, reading, waiting for the rain to stop (which, obivously, didn't happen) and just being lazy...
We ate dinner in the village again, in the only restaurant where we hadn't been yet. There is live music, from some old guy singing horrible songs like Una Paloma Blanca (if you spell it that way). People are dancing. But the food is the best we've had so far. Everything on the menu is in Czech, but we did understand it a bit this time.

Day 14 (July 22, 2011)

The morning is still rainy, but it is much better that yesterday. We drove to Nové Hrady and visited a castle, which is beautiful (might post pictures of it later, don't know yet). Later that day we drive to Chrudim to go food-shopping again, and we visit some other shops where my sister brought some new clothes.

___

Well, that was week two. Week three is coming, and after I've finished that post everything will go back to usual with Fashion From My Perspective, Behind The Songs, reviews, and maybe a new hairdye adventure... Who knows?

- Gasoline Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment