Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11: 10 Years Later

Hello,

Today, on the 11th of September 2011, it's exactly ten years ago that two airplanes flew into the towers of The World Trade Center in New York. Everyone knows what happened that day so there's no need to explain that, but the world can still feel the aftermath of this terroristic attack to this day. So many lives, so many people, with each their own story...
If anyone who reads this knew someone who died that day, or if you where there yourself: I'm so sorry for you.

I must have been like, 4 or 5 when it happened. I saw it on the evening news, my parents told me to close my eyes so I wouldn't see what happened. I could still hear it though. The next day my teacher at the time told us what happened and about Osama Bin Laden. All kids were scared to death that he would come to our school and kill us all.

I've watched some documentaries about 9/11 the past few weeks, but I still find it hard to look at them. Today, we are going to keep a two-minute silence throughout the country, and maybe the rest of the world does that too, I don't know. Are you going to do anything special?

Gasoline Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment