Saturday, May 19, 2012

Song Of The Week: I Miss You by Blink-182

Hello everyone!

The Greatest Hits album cover
Source: Google Images
This week's song of the week is from Blink-182, a song I only discovered weeks ago. My younger sister brought their Greatest Hits CD and I Miss You, together with Feeling This, The Rock Show and All The Small Things, are my personal favourites.

I found an - in my opinion - very good analysis on the song here but it's quite long.
On lyricinterpetations.com, I found a shorter meaning: 


"To me it sounds like the chorus of this song indicates mixed emotions towards someone. When delong sings "don't waste your time on me, you're already a voice inside my head" it's as if he's telling someone that it's too late, they're nothing more to him than a memory. Then hoppus follows with "I miss you...", as if contradicting the previous statement. It's like this person has been hurt badly by the one he loves, and wants to them to leave, but all that he can think about is how much he loves them. Other phrases in the song seem to indicate this as well: "the angel from my nightmare" (unless you interpret this as a direct reference to the nightmare before christmas). The "nightmare" mentioned is a pre-conceived situation this person has been fearing (ie: his loved one cheating on him, or maybe breaking up with him). And the "angel" obviously, is his loved one. The verses of the song sound mostly like symbolic reminiscings of an unrequitted lover. In anycase, that's just how I interpret the song." 



This is the official music video for I Miss You. If you're interested, you can find the lyrics here

I hope you like the song as much as I do. Have fun listening and see you next time!

xoxo

Gasoline Diamond

Sources used in this post:

http://ezinearticles.com/?I-Miss-You-182---An-Analysis-of-I-Miss-You-by-Blink-182&id=2257286






Source: Tumblr



































No comments:

Post a Comment