Sunday, February 12, 2012

Song Of The Week: A Little Piece Of Heaven by Avenged Sevenfold

Hello everyone,

I decided to start a new series of posts on this blog, and they'll be called Song Of The Week. Since my taste in music ranges from Metallica to Coldplay and from Gothminister to Mika, I figured It'd be a good idea to share the songs that I like with all of you! It's like the Behind The Songs posts I used to do with Muse songs, but with every artist/band I listen to. I pick a song weekly, and tell you the background story. Let's just begin with A Little Piece Of Heaven from Avenged Sevenfold.

Source: Google Images
I discovered the band Avenged Sevenfold (A7X) in the summer of 2010. I needed some new artists on my iPod and someone suggested A7X. I listened to some of the examples of their songs on iTunes and brought the song 'Nightmare'. After a few weeks, I just brought their entire discography because I found them really awesome. The song A Little Piece Of Heaven is from their fourth album, which is simply called 'Avenged Sevenfold'. I didn't like the album at first so I got it off of my iPod, but I listened to it again a couple of weeks ago and discovered that I did like the songs now. A Little Piece Of Heaven is definately my favourite song from the album, and one of my favourite songs in general.


The official music video with lyrics

According to the website songfacts.com, A Little Piece Of Heaven is "a romantic, yet very dark song, this is about a couple living together. The man fears that something will happed and their relationship will break up, so he takes control and kills his girl, preserves her and rapes her dead body when needed. Soon she comes back from the dead and kills her man the same way he did. He is brought back from the dead and they get back together after he feels remorse for what he did. They get married in death for the rest of their unnatural life before they start killing other people." 

The lyrics from A Litte Piece Of Heaven are in the video, but you can also find them here
What do you thing of the first Song Of The Week post? Do you have any advice? You can always leave a comment if you want.

Thank you for reading!


xoxo

Gasoline Diamond

Source: Google Images



Sources used in this post: 



No comments:

Post a Comment